The problem-solving power solution for higher education
Universities, colleges and other tertiary education organisations can’t operate without safe, flexible and cost-effective electrical power distribution.
The Vass S-Series ELECTROBAR Busway Systems pass all these tests with flying colours. It’s the academic choice over traditional cable systems.
Busway is faster to install and change
- Your complete Busway Systems run can be installed overhead or underfloor in 30 – 40% less time than a standard cable design.
- No searching through a myriad of cables. Repairs, upgrades and adding circuits are quick, easy and inexpensive.
It saves you time, money and space
- Install more equipment and benches per square metre in means greater ROI now and with future upgrades.
- No distribution boards in the rooms saves floor space and money.
- If one area requires work, you don’t need to switch off power to the entire room.
- You can start with a few lengths of Busway and add more as needed.
- Keep track of electricity use and gauge future power needs with Power and Energy meters.
It’s simple, versatile electrical power
- Your own staff can add, change and move power source Take-Off-Boxes themselves without affecting anything else in the centre – so you eliminate expensive third party installation charges.
- Plug-in outlets are available every 150mm, so you can move or add computers anywhere without the need for new power points to be installed.
- Single and three phase power is available at every Plug-In point along the Busway.
It’s a financial asset
- If you move, the Busway system can come with you. So you avoid expensive cabling installations at your new premises.
It safer for your staff and students
- Cutting down cabling use reduces risks and shows you are meeting OH&S requirements.
- Busway runs protect power against water and mechanical damage often experienced with exposed cables and terminations.
- Earth leakage is supplied at point of use (Take Of Box) providing unprecedented safety to staff and students.
It’s greener and cleaner
- Far lower noise emissions, distortion and harmonics than cables
- More efficient due to better air circulation and less overheating, dust and dirt build up
- Up to 25% less copper and no PVC or environmentally harmful products used.