Vass Busways are critical for your Data Centre
In the fast changing systems technology world, modern Data Centre or Mission Critical facilities need to be more efficient, adaptable, scalable, reliable and secure than ever. So does the power distribution system you use.
That’s why the Vass S-Series ELECTROBAR Busway System is the smart choice over messy, dangerous, costly, cable and conduit systems, which can cause hours (or days) of downtime.
Busway is faster to install and change
- Your complete Busway Systems run can be installed overhead or underfloor in 30 – 40% less time than a standard cable design.
- The modular design means no searching through a myriad of cables. Repairs, upgrades and adding circuits are quick, easy and inexpensive.
It saves you time, money and space
- Being able to install more racks per square metre means greater ROI now and with future upgrades.
- No distribution boards or remote network PDU’s taking up room in the data hall so you save floor space and money.
- If one area requires work, you don’t need to switch off power to the entire data centre.
- Maintenance and upgrades can be carried out at any time without disruptions.
- You can start with just a few lengths of Busway then add to your installation as the need arises, or as more cash flow becomes available.
- Power and Energy meters allow you to keep track of electricity use and gauge future power needs.
It’s simple, versatile electrical power
- Your own IT staff can add, change and move power source Take-Off-Boxes themselves without affecting anything else in the centre – so you eliminate expensive third party installation charges.
- Plug-in outlets are available every 150mm, so you can move or add computers, servers and racks anywhere without the need for new power points to be installed.
- Single and Three Phase Power is available at every Plug-In point along the Busway.
It’s a financial asset
- If you relocate your data centre, the Busway system can come with you. So you avoid expensive cabling installations at your new premises.
- As a landlord, you can reconfigure an entire data room with minimal cost, time and effort for an existing tenant, or completely new client.
It safer for your IT staff
- Cutting down cabling use reduces risks and shows you are meeting OH&S requirements.
- Busway runs protect power against mechanical and water damage that can often be suffered by exposed cables and terminations.
It’s greener and cleaner
- Far lower noise emissions, distortion and harmonics than cables
- More efficient due to better air circulation and less overheating, dust and dirt build up
- Up to 25% less copper and no PVC or environmentally harmful products used.